The Project Summary
- Improved CSO technical, operational and management capacities to raise awareness of older people’s rights and advocate for national policies and legislations promoting income security in old age
- Increased community and CBO engagement and participation in local level policy development and implementation, especially related to income security in old age in Northern Thailand with 30 communities.
- Piloting areas with older people organizations in 30 communities in 3 rural sub-districts and 1 municipality in 3 provinces of Northern Thailand of Sameong Tai Sub-distirct & Chian Mai municipality in Chiang Mai; Banthi Sub-district in Lamphun and Mokchumpae Sub-district in Mae Hong Son
- policy advocacy at national level with key civil society & multi-stakeholder.
- Older people 3,000 people, 50% is women, 120 disabled
- Older people’s groups 30 group
- Non-government organization staffs 70 persons
- Local Authorities & Government staffs 32 persons
- Provincial Local Authorities, government, media staff, and civil society organization 58 persons.
Final beneficiaries: Older people in 3 provinces 279,300 persons
- 30 older people’s groups (OPGs) implement activities improving older people’s opportunities and access to income security, and effectively interact with Las
- Raised awareness of rights and entitlements and contributions of older people in Thailand amongst government, private sector and public
- Strengthened NSA networks capable of effectively engaging on national policy advocacy to enhance older people’s rights, especially income security;
- Greater, technical, operational and management capacity of FOPDEV to promote the interests of marginalised and vulnerable older people amongst communities and local authorities
- Training of capacity building team
- Organisational development of older people groups (OPGs
- OPG monitoring of income security and access to rights and entitlements
- OPG engagement activities with Local Authorities (Las)
- Awareness raising workshops and events
- Research and advocacy with the community and key agents, local and national
- Capacity building activities for non-state actors (NSAs) to provide OPG support and advocacy
Foundation for Older Persons’ Development (FOPDEV) and HelpAge International Support by European Union